Search This Blog

Thursday, February 27, 2014

I'm back! Time to spill...

I have been having the hardest time getting motivated, finding reason, and pushing myself to succeed. I have started, and stopped, started, and stopped. Something always defeats me.

So, here I am, once again. Trying. This time I come armored with some new tools.

Tomorrow, I start Weight Watchers. I was very successful with WW 7 years ago. I had my friend AC with me, to support me and push me. I haven't had a friend do that for me since. This time, I have AC supporting me from across the country. I also have 4 local friends that are doing WW with me. I'm hoping we help keep each other motivated, accountable and excited about the possibilities.

AC has turned me on to a book to read as well: Made to Crave. This book will serve as a companion to go along my WW plan. It's supposed to help with the "want to", and includes a Bible study.

I plan on returning to the gym next week, going 3-5 times per week. Next Wednesday, Lent begins. If you have read my posts before, I try to reflect on my gluttony during Lent especially. I have motivational verses hanging in my bathroom, hoping for renewed perspective on how to honor God by being more healthy.

I am planning on blogging my journey. While it mostly serves as a journal for myself, I hope it can help someone else on their journey as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment