Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Progress

It has been almost two weeks since my upper endoscopy. My esophagus was not the shape it should be. They stretched it out, and put me on a prescription for acid reflux.

Since the procedure, I am back on my regimen of medications to manage my PCOS. I have also changed my diet to exclude most processed sugars. My friend KK and I have been walking regularly, both outside and in the mall. I finally dusted off my elliptical machine as well. I am happy to say that I'm down four pounds!
"I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am." Author Unknown
I really appreciate all my friends who have been so supportive. The ladies I play bridge with weekly have been great about bringing healthy food choices. Supportive friends and family make all the difference!!! I thank God for them.
“You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” Christopher Robin to Pooh

P.S. My brother's wedding date has changed to July 30, 2011. The countdown continues: 189 days!
 "Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. Yay!...wish I could say the same about my weight. We need to walk more!

    ReplyDelete