Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tribulation

Tough times never last, but tough people do.Dr. Robert Schuller
This was a rough week for me. My husband was out of town for work, my neighbor asked me when I was expecting (I'm not pregnant!), and I received some bad news about someone. All of that would normally be a huge trigger for me to binge, but I hung in there. I made good choices, and found other things to focus my energy and attention on. I was conscious this week of what I was eating, how much, and why I was eating. I savored bites. Exercise was better this week too, energizing me even more.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.Marianne Williamson
My kids started a few weeks ago at Higinbotham Martial Arts. They are there 5 hours a week, and I have found it motivating. I see how active my kids are, and it encourages me to continue to get my own body into shape. They love it there. It has been good for their self-esteem and it gives them the physical activity that they otherwise may be lacking this time of year. I am thankful for this.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.Helen Keller
*As of today, I am down a total of 10 pounds. I am fitting in my size 12 jeans. I have 178 days until my brother’s wedding, in which I’m a bridesmaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment